I was tagged by Courtney of Phyrra! I love her blog. I’m like a strange open book- you’ll find out a lot of random thing about me, and they never make sense together.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
11 Things About Me, Ali/NiftyBa
1. My first passport expired in 1997. My first trip out of the country was to the Philippines when I was 1.5 years old.
2. Titanic still makes me cry. I am very excited for the film to be re-released, although I’m not sure it needed to be in 3-D.
3. I like my cars hatchback and oval looking. Kia Rio Cinco and Honda Fit, cherry red.
4. I hate knowing how long activities will be. For example, I hate knowing the distance I have to walk from Point A to Point B. It’s best not to tell me so I won’t complain.
5. It takes a long time for me to make friends/ I am extremely shy. On the other hand, I have to be very outgoing at my job. I am freakishly friendly at my job, the complete opposite of me in public.
6. One of my first email addresses was inspired by Lord of the Rings when I was in the 10th grade. A lot of guys I liked were geeky, so it worked. Very difficult to spell the Elvish for “farewell” when people ask for your email, though.
7. I love reality TV shows like Intervention, Parking Wars, Cops, Hoarders, Dance Moms… basically anything that’s not funny to my husband.
8. I have a fear of heights. Not that I am afraid of falling- no, it’s that I want to fall.
9. I have 4 things on my bucket list before age 30: become a mom, go white water rafting, own a scooter, see the Northern Lights.
10. My nickname is Ali, since my mother and I share the name name. My other nickname, Ba, is short for Ali Baba.
11. I was in theater in high school. I had 6 roles. My biggest part was playing an overreactive dinner guest with back pain. I had a fake husband.
11 Questions from Courtney
1. Are there any colors of eye shadow or lipstick that you just won’t wear?
Open to all sorts of eyeshadow shades, but I don’t think I’ll wear something like blue lipstick.
2. What’s your latest makeup obsession?
Sheer nail polishes. Anything coral colored, lipstick, nail polish, whatever.
3. What’s your favorite color for spring this year?
4. Do you have a favorite flower?
I love peonies and carnations.
5. What’s one product that was hyped up that let you down?
Revlon Photoready products. Or maybe I just don’t need facial makeup (I rarely wear any).
6. What’s your favorite hair color on you?
My natural hair color, black, but I love ombré with any color. I want pink one day!
7. What’s your favorite pet?
I have to pick just 1?! …. Don’t tell them, but I love my smaller cat Naomi.
8. What is your favorite genre of books to read?
Oooooo, so hard since I work at a library! Secret guilty pleasure: chick lit that makes you cry. Also, crime, fiction or nonfiction.
9. If you were asked to make your dream makeup or nail polish collection, what would be in it? (colors, finishes, products) How would you name it?
I’d have a girly girly nail polish and eyeshadow collex called Oui. It’d basically be based on the fanciful young girl who lives in a carefree Paris with macaroons and balloons. Very light pastels, sheers and shimmers, everything looking like a box of Laduree.
10. If you could only pick one foundation to wear, what would it be?
Since I don’t wear foundation… I’ll just say base coats as a foundation for nail polish…
11. What’s one makeup item/collection that you skipped that you regret missing?
China Glaze Kaleidoscope, or all those awesome old drugstore Sally Hansen or Revlon Street Wears.
I Tagged the Following People… (play if ya want!)
Alyssa of Pretty Little Bottles
Kari of Once Bitten
Leslie of Cherubic
Catherine of Beauty by Cat
Kimberly of Libby’s Pink Vanity
Leandra of Nail Polish Therapy
Rhonda of Nails Beautiqued
Pamela of Pamela’s Closet
Deborah of DeborahYanni
Cristina of Let Them Have Polish
Toni of ToniizBeauty
My 11 Questions for You
1. What was your Outfit of the Day?
2. What was the last thing you broke?
3. Do you have a custom ringtone on your cell phone?
4. Are you named after anyone?
5. What was the last thing you were complimented about?
6. What has been the farthest you’ve travelled?
7. What does your umbrella look like?
8. Do you have a favorite guilty pleasure meal, treat, or restaurant?
9. What is your most prized makeup possession?
10. What is your most prized possession (non-makeup related)?
11. Does Zoya have a nail polish with your name on it?